What You Need To Know
The articles in this section provide a basic rundown of skills and technology critical in the retail industry. With subjects ranging from communications to staffing and accounts receivable, the answers to your most important questions start right here.
- Communications & Technology
From tracking inventory and delivery to marketing, public relations and online sales, technology has changed the face of retail.
- Sales and Marketing
Internet technology is rapidly transforming the retail industry's advertising and marketing strategies. Shoppers may like to experience merchandise in bricks-and -mortar stores, but they go online well before they head out the door.
- Customer Service
State-of-the-art technology and strong marketing strategies may bring shoppers to the door, but owners of small to medium-size retail operations still must scramble to keep them happy.
- Staffing & Employment
The retail industry offers a range of employment possibilities, but the kind of employee you need depends on the type of store you operate. The challenge is finding the right worker for the job.
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
No matter how successful a retail establishment, maintaining a steady cash flow is a challenge. To this end, a solid invoicing system and the right software go a long way toward solving the problem.
- Vendor Relations and Purchasing
The landscape of the retail industry changes from one month to the next. At the end of the day, though, establishing an effective product cycle starts with good vendor relations.
Good insurance coverage is vital for anyone operating a retail store. Fortunately, a number of insurance coverage options are available to help protect retail operations in any circumstances.
- Social Media Best Practices & Applications
Social media provides an effective means of reaching current and prospective customers. But you need to have a plan in place as to how you will integrate social media tools into your marketing mix.
- Best Social Media Practices for the Retail Industry - Social media offers boundless opportunity to retailers, but without consistent use of best practices, marketing results will be disappointing.
- Best Social Media Applications for the Retail Industry - A wealth of image-friendly apps can help a retail entrepreneur showcase products, make sales and shore up customer interactions.